Adding security lighting is the number one step homeowners can take to protect their property from unwanted intruders. Statistics show that burglars bypass targets that are difficult to access without being noticed. A well-designed security lighting system can make would-be robbers think again before approaching your property. This guide will show you how to create an effective, low-cost LED security lighting system for your home or business.
Use many smaller lights rather than fewer, more powerful lights
Big, powerful flood lights are good for open spaces, but can sometimes leave shadows if there are obstacles on your property like buildings and trees. Using a combination of LED flood lights, area lights and wall packs will reduce shadows and blind spots that intruders can use to hide.
Keep lights high and out of reach
It’s important to make it difficult for burglars to tamper with your security system. Many thieves will plan heists for several weeks and finding a way to disable security lights is often a top priority. Even the best security lighting can be rendered useless if an intruder is able to incapacitate the system. Keeping lights high and out of reach will make it difficult for your system to be tampered with. Placing lights high will also soften the light for a pleasant look and increased coverage.
Use Motion Detector Lights
Motion detector lights are an effective way to scare off intruders. Burglars will be on edge during a robbery and having a light flick on as they walk by is often times enough to scare them away. A good combination of LED spotlights and motion detector lights will work to keep intruders off of your property and scare away those who choose to enter.
Focus on Entrances and Exits
Most criminals seek out targets that can be accessed at night without being seen. Ensuring excellent light coverage at all entrances and exits will deter criminals from planning a robbery at your property.
Efficiency: LED lights offer exceptional efficiency and are more cost-effective in the long run. An LED light fixture will use 90% less electricity than an equivalent incandescent. This is also important if your security lights are forced to run on a backup generator. Less energy draw means your lights will last longer on a limited supply of power.
Longevity: A quality LED bulb can have a useful life of 25,000 hours or more. This is more than 25 times long than traditional light bulbs. Safety: LEDs run cooler than conventional light sources and are therefore less of a fire hazard. Durability: LEDs lack filaments or glass enclosures, making them more durable than traditional alternatives. Same colors as traditional bulbs: LEDs can achieve the same colors as traditional bulbs. Use the Kelvin temperature color scale below to help identify the hue a bulb will produce.
It is always advised that the light above the mirror is soft (but not very soft), enough to see your reflection properly. If the illuminance is very low, while using it for vanity purposes, there might be shadows on your face. The light should equally illuminate your face, so instead of having one it is advisable to have multiple bulbs. At the same time, you shouldn’t be using fixtures as this also makes the lighting uneven.
If the light comes from different angles, all parts of your face will be illuminated equally. For example, while applying makeup, you should be sure that both sides of the face are equally made up, but if the light falls differently on both the sides you will never be sure if it isn’t really even or the light is showing it as such.
If you have a bathtub, then you should light the area with soft lights. You draw a bath to calm your nerves and relax and with minimum lighting, you can gain the feeling of being in a spa. In case you have a shower, it is better to have lights away from the water, preferably in the ceiling. It should never be a naked bulb, recessed lighting is a good idea as well.
There should be a lot of lights in the bathroom, but you should be sure that you don’t put it in an unplanned manner. Plan what use every corner will serve and light it accordingly. LED lights are helpful in this as they are cost-effective and bright.
In terms of colours, it is always better to use yellow light since it isn’t harsh. It adds to the aesthetic and makes the bathroom warm, a place to relax. You can also install a dimmer switch to change the light according to your mood and time of the day.
The mirror should also be placed in a way that during the day you have natural lighting. Design the interiors of the bathroom accordingly. There should be ample bright light, it is always great to have an option. Some people also prefer lights over the mirror, so make sure the size of the bulb is proportional to that of the mirror.
Shades over the light may obstruct its illuminance, so if you’d still rather have them, then you should use light colour shades with bright LED bulbs of a higher voltage, probably 60-80 Watts. But the most important thing to keep in mind is all bulbs in the bathroom must be energy saving and cost-effective. Nobody likes to pay an exorbitant electricity bill after all.
While making a bathroom in business places like restaurants and hotels, the interiors are slightly different. People frequent restaurants and hotels to break away from their mundane lives at home and office.
Places like restaurants, clubs and coffee shops require lighting that are long-lasting and can run long hours in the day cost effectively. Since they require lighting at all times and only seldom are they switched off, it is best to choose a LED that is energy efficient. People prefer to have yellow fluorescent LED, however, it is best to use a bulb of 60-80 watts. It makes it easier for people to see their face in the mirror and use it for grooming or touching up. If it is a single door washroom, it is best to have high voltage lighting, but if there are multiple cubicles with a powder room, make sure that is brightly lit. Malls and shopping complexes usually prefer white light or a mix of white and yellow lights. It is best to keep the cubicle medium light and the light near the mirrors to be sharp.
In Hotels, it is preferred that bathrooms use multiple lights for different parts. The light above the bathtub or shower space should have dimmers for the guests to choose their preferences. The main idea behind staying at a hotel is to have a leisure time and relax. Concealed lights are a good idea to create an ambience of relaxation. Guests prefer to have yellow bulbs as it is soft on the eye but is still bright. Over the seat, people prefer a small, soft light, so they can switch that on in case they need to in the night and it isn’t harsh on the eyes. Near the basin and above the mirror, the light should be bright so that the face is evenly lit. It is good to have ceiling lights with covers so that the light is not direct and harsh.
Lighting can create or break an ambience. Harsh lighting in place of relaxation (like the bathtub) can change your mood drastically and not positively. While we may undermine the importance of ambience in the bathroom, it has a lot of effect on our mood. And by playing with lights and styles, you can get the perfect ambiance.
As we evolve, our home should too. Having comfortable furniture is important to improve the mood and quality of your home. Furniture is the heart of homes and offices. They add life to these places. Classy and fabulous furniture makes the place more productive. The furniture has equal importance both in home and offices. Comfortable and accessible furniture makes any space, the space that everyone can enjoy.
At home to greet the guest, to welcome them, to have some valuable chit chat with the guest, furniture plays an important role. The classy design and comfortable sofa sets make the gossip more attractive and enchanting. Chatting with your friends, sipping the tea or coffee over the comfortable and cushioned sofa, makes the topic of discussion more lively and delightful. On the other hand, if your friend is sitting in the uncomfortable position, the passionate discussion cannot stay long. The sofa sets that provide your body the right posture and put you in the restful zone, makes life without a doubt easy.
Moreover, if you are starting a new office, your reception should have a sofa, where people can sit. The way the reception is organized leaves the first impression on your guests. Not only the sofa sets, but other types of types of furniture are also an essential requirement for the corporate sectors. The furniture adorns the beauty of the place that helps in increasing the business productivity. The first impression on your client binds your customer to shake hands with you, for the various business proposals. Your client will make sure that you maintain your maximum business potential in the competitive market.
That is why to select the right furniture is important in every aspect. From the employee’s point of view, the employee’s comfort zone also enhances the productivity of the business. The comfortable chair and table, where they can sit and relax throughout the day, help them to focus more towards their business target. There are varieties of trendy furniture that are available in the market; you just need to share your requirement with the furniture manufacturer. According to the functionality of the place, furniture’s are defined and designed. So, feel free to contact the furniture outlets, to know more about the new and stylish furniture. Find the right furniture for you that can transform your home and office into the better place that creates the comfortable and attractive environment.
The first thought that comes to our mind while buying a mattress is whether it will provide a comfortable sleep. Once you invest in a good mattress it becomes equally important to maintain them properly in order to make them last longer. While no mattress last forever, one can extend its life by following some basic steps.
Factors Affecting the Lifespan of a Mattress
The lifespan of a mattress depends on certain things like how well you care for it, the type and quality of material used in making them. Innerspring mattress last around 10 years, the higher quality foam mattress can even last for 15 years and hybrid ones are a combination of coils and foams and hence, their lifespan depends on the durability of the material used.
Steps to Make your Mattress Last Longer
- Protective Covering: Putting a protective cover on mattress can prove to be a game changer. However neat and tidy you keep your bed, but accidents and spills may happen anytime. A waterproof protector ensures nothing goes from your duvet to your mattress to ruin it. A snug fit protector will save your protector from moving with every movement.
- Forbid Bouncing on Mattress: Jumping on the bed as fun puts pressure on the mattress and eventually damages it. The mattress is designed to give sound sleep and cannot bear these unnecessary pressures for long.
- Rotate and Flip the Mattress on Regular Intervals: Sleeping on the same spot daily can damage the mattress from that particular area. Rotating and flipping the mattress once in a while is key to keep the mattress in good shape. Rotate your mattress 1800 when the season changes.
Avoid Eating in Bed: Watching TV while munching in bed might seem
harmless to most of us, but the tiny crumbs that we scatter and escape
our eyes can attract bedbugs. If at all you are going to eat in your bed
make sure that you change your sheets frequently.
Remove all the linens from the bed and vacuum clean your mattress at least two to three times a year. Spending a little extra time on the seams where most of the build-up tends to settle will help in preventing dust and allergens to settle.
- Keep Pets away from your Bed: Letting pets snuggle in bed is an open invitation to the germs, bugs, bacteria and hairs in your bed. Parasites like hookworm and roundworm lay their eggs in the pet’s hair, which can easily shed in your sheets inviting diseases.
- Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant: To remove the excess moisture from the mattress due to sweating and humidity, place the mattress in sunlight for two to three hours on a bright sunny day. This also helps in keeping the dust mites population in check.
- Follow Manufacturer’s Cleaning Instructions: To keep your sleeping environment clean andyour mattress healthy, wash your mattress as the directions given in the user manual. Soap solution in mild water is good enough for most of stains, but ensure the mattress is completely dry before making the bed. To maintain the foam integrity, avoid using harsh chemical cleaners.
There are many types of chairs that you can have in your home. Some chairs were made for the dining table, some for relaxation, some for lounging, and others for beauty and aesthetics.
- Arm Chair – most houses have this piece of furniture in their homes. It is elegant, sophisticated and customizable.
- Club Chair – the club chair gets its name from the gentleman’s lounge about two centuries back. All these little places would have chairs like the club chair for the comfort of the sitter. They could be rounded or squared and surround the sitter with the armrests.
- Chesterfield Chair – the Chesterfield looks similar to the wingback but has more cushioning and buttons for beauty. These chairs are traditionally covered in leather but can now be substituted with fabric of your choice.
- Tub Chair – this version has a rounded back that forms around your body when you sit. It doesn’t have a high back though but it is rather comfortable.
- Dining Chair – like the name says, this is used at the dining table. There are many different shapes that can be considered dining chairs. They have to be matched with the table as they are a set.
- Wingback Chairs – wingback or wing chairs have a high back that has “wings” on either side. This was supposed to be a comfort piece that would be used in front of a fireplace but has been adapted to be used anywhere in the home.
- Chaise Lounge Chairs – this is also known as a long chair. The purpose for this furniture item is for lounging and relaxing. Many people have them either in their bedroom as a décor item or in the lounge to complement their lounge suites. Industrial designers made this into a conceptual piece that was for mainly for aesthetics but soon after it became a chair for comfort.
- Egg Chair – this was a popular trend many years ago. It had a modern and funky shape that made every home owner want it. It curved in all sorts of directions and hugged the sitter comfortably.
- Rocking Chair – the rocking of this piece of furniture is what made it popular. It relaxed babies and the older generation with the simple rocking back and forth on the curvature of the legs. There are modern versions to suit your lounge decor.
- Tulip Chair – this option was released around the same time as the egg chair. The seat curves inwards hugging the sitter and it has a single leg that expands outwards. There are also other versions that have four legs.
When you own leather furniture, you have something in common with early man, whose furniture employed animal skins. Our ancestors used hides as a by-product of using the meat and other parts of the animal since the hide was available and it had kept the animal warm and comfortable. But, those who buy leather furniture today think of themselves as sophisticated man. Leather furniture is expensive, and it sends this message: “Yeah, I have money.” Because of the expense and because such furniture has a unique look, feel, and character, folks who buy it tend to keep it – forever.
If you buy it, and keep it, you will want to understand and know how to maintain it. Owning leather furniture and placing it in a room of your home means that all who visit your home will put their eyes on it. Wherever you put it, it becomes the centerpiece of the room. Its appearance will haunt the viewer’s opinion of you and how you keep your house. If someone who knows leather sees your furniture, they will discern the quality of what you have identified as the show piece in a room. The finest leather sends a fragrance to the nose, is soft to the touch, and if it is new, it does not sag or have cracks in it.
Tanning processes have improved to make modern leather furniture more resilient. But, if you own older, good quality leather furniture, the appearance of cracks in it is expected and acceptable, because they are like weathered creases and scars on the face of a person who has lived a long and interesting life. Hint: Don’t try to convince someone who knows leather that your new furniture with cracks is like a weathered interesting old person.
Visitors want to sit on your leather furniture. They may ask for permission. They might wait until you are out of the room, then do it in secret. They might do it because it is an available place to sit in the room when folks have taken the other seats. The wise leather furniture owner sizes up his or her visitor as soon as he or she enters the room. Does the visitor have anything sharp on their clothing that might cut the leather? Is the visitor’s clothing stained? Does the visitor have food or a drink in hand? If the answer to those questions is “No,” many owners will invite their visitor to sit so they can observe them. It is best to have club soda or some recommended cleaning solution handy to get at any staining material (like wine) as soon as possible, if needed.